Responsive Ad Slot

Hot News

LIFESTYLE

Trends

ENTERTAINMENT

Photo: Generator fume kills woman, five children in Edo

Posted on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 with


Photo: Generator fume kills woman, five children in Edo
A man identified as Tochukwu Okwueze has lost his entire family after they reportedly inhaled generator fume in Edo State.
Okwueze’s wife and five children were found dead by neighbours on Tuesday.But the man is presently in hospital battling for his life.
The incident happened at Akpata Street in Egor local government area of the state.
Neighbours found the victims’ bodies when they broke into their apartment on Tuesday morning.
The family reportedly put on their generator and kept it in the kitchen throughout the night.
The man was taken to a private hospital after he was rescued while bodies of the dead victims were taken to the Central Hospital morgue.
A family friend, who identified himself as Vincent, said:
“My younger one called me from Lagos and asked me what was happening. I said that I did not know. So, he told me to go the house that something not pleasing to the ears has just happened.
“So, I call her (deceased woman) line. Somebody picked the call and said that they (victims) slept and did not wake up. I stay at Evbuotubu area, so I went to the place.
“The whole family was affected. But the police told me that the man survived it. They said though his case was serious, if there was the need to rush him to University of Benin Teaching Hospital, they would call me. It is a family of seven. The youngest is a set of twins.
The Edo State Commissioner of Police, Johnson Kokumo, confirmed the incident.

Photo: Generator fume kills woman, five children in Edo

Posted on with


Photo: Generator fume kills woman, five children in Edo
A man identified as Tochukwu Okwueze has lost his entire family after they reportedly inhaled generator fume in Edo State.
Okwueze’s wife and five children were found dead by neighbours on Tuesday.But the man is presently in hospital battling for his life.
The incident happened at Akpata Street in Egor local government area of the state.
Neighbours found the victims’ bodies when they broke into their apartment on Tuesday morning.
The family reportedly put on their generator and kept it in the kitchen throughout the night.
The man was taken to a private hospital after he was rescued while bodies of the dead victims were taken to the Central Hospital morgue.
A family friend, who identified himself as Vincent, said:
“My younger one called me from Lagos and asked me what was happening. I said that I did not know. So, he told me to go the house that something not pleasing to the ears has just happened.
“So, I call her (deceased woman) line. Somebody picked the call and said that they (victims) slept and did not wake up. I stay at Evbuotubu area, so I went to the place.
“The whole family was affected. But the police told me that the man survived it. They said though his case was serious, if there was the need to rush him to University of Benin Teaching Hospital, they would call me. It is a family of seven. The youngest is a set of twins.
The Edo State Commissioner of Police, Johnson Kokumo, confirmed the incident.

Photo: Generator fume kills woman, five children in Edo

Posted on with


Photo: Generator fume kills woman, five children in Edo
A man identified as Tochukwu Okwueze has lost his entire family after they reportedly inhaled generator fume in Edo State.
Okwueze’s wife and five children were found dead by neighbours on Tuesday.But the man is presently in hospital battling for his life.
The incident happened at Akpata Street in Egor local government area of the state.
Neighbours found the victims’ bodies when they broke into their apartment on Tuesday morning.
The family reportedly put on their generator and kept it in the kitchen throughout the night.
The man was taken to a private hospital after he was rescued while bodies of the dead victims were taken to the Central Hospital morgue.
A family friend, who identified himself as Vincent, said:
“My younger one called me from Lagos and asked me what was happening. I said that I did not know. So, he told me to go the house that something not pleasing to the ears has just happened.
“So, I call her (deceased woman) line. Somebody picked the call and said that they (victims) slept and did not wake up. I stay at Evbuotubu area, so I went to the place.
“The whole family was affected. But the police told me that the man survived it. They said though his case was serious, if there was the need to rush him to University of Benin Teaching Hospital, they would call me. It is a family of seven. The youngest is a set of twins.
The Edo State Commissioner of Police, Johnson Kokumo, confirmed the incident.

APC Congress: Mcdickson Sues Yaro, Demand For Justice

Posted on with




APC Congress: Mcdickson Sues Yaro, Demand For Justice

Noah Mcdickson addressing media crew in Makurdi


As the recently held congress of the All Progressives Congress (APC) continues to raise dust, a major aspirant for the the Benue State chairmanship seat has dragged the State chairman of the party, Emmanuel Abba Yaro to court.

In the writ of summons, seen by Naija Voice News, the suit was filed on 19th June 2018 and also has the All Progressives Congress (APC) as codefendant.


The Writ of Summons


It could be recalled that the State chapter of the Party had, in the last congress, adopted the Yaro-led executive committee for a second term, against the interest of major stakeholders of the party.

Man crushed to death by mom’s coffin during funeral

Posted on with


Man crushed to death by mom’s coffin during funeral
A grieving man was crushed to death by his own mother’s coffin during her funeral procession.
Samen Kondorura, 40, was carrying his mom Berta’s coffin during a service in Indonesia’s Parinding valley, in the North Toraja district when one pallbearer missed his step shifting the ladder, which collapsed almost immediately.
Dozens were sent flying onto the ground, with horrified onlookers screaming and rushing to Kondorura’s aid.
After he was struck, Kondorura was taken to a hospital, where he died.
Julianto Sirait, chief commissioner of the Tana Toraja resort police force, told AFP:
“As the mother’s coffin was being raised to the lakkian, suddenly the ladder shifted and collapsed, the coffin fell and hit the victim.”
Kondorara’s body has been laid to rest beside his mother, it has been reported.